Episode 566 | Adriel Sanchez and Bill Maier answer caller questions.
1. Should pastors preach on current events more? I have seen some pastors not mention current events in their sermons and others seemingly construct their sermons around what is happening in the news. What are your thoughts?
2. The parable of the unjust steward in Luke 16 is difficult for me to understand. Is God applauding the unfaithful servant’s shrewdness?
3. How can Christians sometimes be so unkind?
4. I know that God is sovereign, and in light of the upcoming election I know that he will not be surprised by who wins. My question is about if God really chooses who is going to win. Daniel 2:21 says that, “He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding.” It seems here that God appoints rulers over nations, but was this specific to the kings of the nations only during the time of the Old Testament, or does this verse apply to the world and its rulers today?
5. Is Allah just another name for God?
Life Together: The Classic Exploration of Christian Community by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Devoted to God: Blueprints for Sanctification by Sinclair B. Ferguson
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.