This is The Briefing, a daily analysis of news and events from a Christian worldview.
Part I (00:13 – 18:44)
China Has Become Old Before It Has Become Rich: China in Crisis as Birth Rates Drop Lower Than Death Rates For First Time in Decades
- China records 1st population fall in decades as births drop by Associated Press (Ken Moritsugu)
- China’s Population Falls, Heralding a Demographic Crisis by New York Times (Alexandra Stevenson and Zixu Wang)
Part II (18:44 – 23:03)
No, This is Primarily a Moral Problem: Evaluating the West’s Response to China’s Population Drop
- Big News About a Smaller Chinese Population by Wall Street Journal (The Editorial Board)
- China’s Economy Stumbled Last Year With Covid Lockdowns Hobbling Growth by New York Times (Keith Bradsher)
Part III (23:03 – 26:23)
Retirement Is Considered Sacred? Emmanuel Macron Fights Losing Battle of Increasing France’s Retirement Age
- As France Moves to Delay Retirement, Older Workers Are in a Quandary by New York Times (Liz Alderman)
Sign up to receive The Briefing in your inbox every weekday morning.
For more information on The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, go to sbts.edu.
For more information on Boyce College, just go to BoyceCollege.com.
To write Dr. Mohler or submit a question for The Mailbox, go here.