This is The Briefing, a daily analysis of news and events from a Christian worldview.
Part I (00:13 – 13:35)
The Red Wave That Did Not Happen: What Caused the Taming of the Projected Republican Tsunami?
Part II (13:35 – 20:05)
An Abject Tragedy and Unmitigated Moral Failure: Citizens in Several States Vote Overwhelmingly in Support of Abortion Rights
- A Predicted ‘Red Wave’ Crashed Into Wall of Abortion Rights Support on Tuesday by Politico (Alice Miranda Ollstein and Megan Messerly)
- American Voters Just Sent a Crystal-Clear Message: They Believe in Abortion Rights by The Guardian (Jill Filipovic)
- Women Remembered to Vote on Abortion by Slate (Dahlia Lithwick)
- Abortion-Rights Supporters Prevail in Midterm Ballot Measures by Wall Street Journal (Laura Kusisto and Jennifer Calfas)
Part III (20:05 – 24:58)
History Is Often Much Closer Than We Think — An Obituary of the (Thought to Be) Last Child of an Enslaved Person Reminds Us of That Fact
- Daniel Smith, 90, Dies; Thought to Be the Last Child of an Enslaved Person by New York Times (Clay Risen)
Sign up to receive The Briefing in your inbox every weekday morning.
For more information on The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, go to sbts.edu.
For more information on Boyce College, just go to BoyceCollege.com.
To write Dr. Mohler or submit a question for The Mailbox, go here.