This is The Briefing, a daily analysis of news and events from a Christian worldview.
Part I (00:13 – 02:05)
A Seismic Moment in U.S. History As Future Hangs in the Balance: The Rule of Law on Trial in New York and the Battle Over Wisconsin’s Supreme Court
- The Trump indictment and the rule of law on trial by WORLD Opinons (R. Albert Mohler, Jr.)
Part II (02:05 – 15:18)
Parents Dare to Challenge Books? Librarians Complain About Parents Disrupting Moral Revolution
- Attempts to Ban Books Doubled in 2022 by New York Times (Alexandra Alter and Elizabeth A. Harris)
Part III (15:18 – 21:08)
The House of Representatives Isn’t Representative Enough?: Harvard Professor Makes Case for Expanding Representatives by the Thousands – Here’s Why It Won’t Work
- The House was supposed to grow with population. It didn’t. Let’s fix that. by New York Times (Danielle Allen)
- Just how big should the House be? Let’s do the math. by New York Times (Danielle Allen)
- How big should the House be? Here’s what readers suggested. by New York Times (Danielle Allen)
Part IV (21:08 – 26:41)
Will Legalized Gambling Take Over College Sports? Universities in Hot Water over Promotion of Sports Betting on Campuses
- Facing Criticism, a Gambling Company and a University End Their Deal by New York Times (Kevin Draper)
Sign up to receive The Briefing in your inbox every weekday morning.
Follow Dr. Mohler:
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
For more information on The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, go to sbts.edu.
For more information on Boyce College, just go to BoyceCollege.com.
To write Dr. Mohler or submit a question for The Mailbox, go here.