This is The Briefing, a daily analysis of news and events from a Christian worldview.
Part I (00:13 – 13:08)
The Moral Considerations of Israel’s War: Balancing the Absolute Necessity of Destroying Hamas with Minimizing the Loss of Innocent Life
- The Secrets Hamas Knew About Israel’s Military by New York Times (Patrick Kingsley and Ronen Bergman)
- What Does Destroying Gaza Solve? by New York Times (Nicholas Kristof)
- Seeking a Moral Compass in Gaza’s War by New York Times (Nicholas Kristof)
Part II (13:08 – 16:57)
The Concept of International Law: By Definition, Terrorists Don’t Care About the Rules
- Israel, Gaza and the Laws of War by New York Times (Amanda Taub)
Part III (16:57 – 21:55)
The Antisemitism of the Left: Leftist Progressives Display Their True Allegiances
- The Massacre in Israel and the Need for a Decent Left by New York Times (Michelle Goldberg)
- I Was Very Alone Today’: Young Jewish Americans Grieve Over Israel by New York Times (Marc Tracy and Campbell Robertson)
Part IV (21:55 – 25:00)
Some Enemies Cannot Be Ignored: The Survival of Civilization Depends on the Response to Those Who Seek to Destroy It
Sign up to receive The Briefing in your inbox every weekday morning.
For more information on The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, go to sbts.edu.
For more information on Boyce College, just go to BoyceCollege.com.
To write Dr. Mohler or submit a question for The Mailbox, go here.